So you might be a bridesmaid who is planning hen or a bride who is looking for ideas to pass on. I put together some Hen Party ideas with an ethical, cruelty free and eco friendly twist. If you have read ** My Hen Party Link ** you will know that my amazing cousin and friends organised an amazing hen party for me and they had some nice ideas which you could work from too.
- Adventure Weekend In the Wicklow Mountains
- As someone who previously worked in Kippure Estate I can safely say we had many a happy hen and stag up there. The settings are ideal as you are surrounded by absolutely stunning scenic mountain views of forest and trees. The venue is great as there are enough function rooms to keep your group to themselves and private. With a range of activities (both outdoor and indoor) to choose from I would highly recommend getting in touch with Kimo and organising something for your bride. Also just to note the chefs can cater to a vegan diet with delicious meals too, we had our wedding party here which I will go into better detail about in a later post.
- Website – Kippure Hens
- Bloom in The Burren
- Ok we have another stunningly beautiful place for you. The Burren Yoga in Co. Clare, I haven’t been to this next place myself but it sounds pretty awesome and actually having read about it, it is now somewhere I would like to go. Your weekend would include some very therapeutic and calming meditation and yoga sessions (which is a nice break during all the madness in the lead up to a wedding) and delicious vegetarian/ vegan food. You can also do some hill walking around the Burren, take guided tours to sample some local cuisine or take some cooking classes yourself. The Burren Yoga prides itself on being an environmentally friendly base and you can read here as to why.
- Website – BurrenYoga
- Surf’s Up In Lahinch
- Depending on who your bride is and if she can swim a surfing weekend in Lahinch, Co. Clare could be just the hen party for you. The Green Room surf school give out lessons while also focusing on creating a more sustainable surfing industry and helping to keep both you and the ocean safe. After surfing you could get some delicious vegan food in Tasty Station and the get a good calming nights sleep in this Air B&B right next to the sea.
- See various linked websites above
- Compassionate About Food at Coolanowle
- Take a foraging class in Coolanowle and learn how to grow and cook your food from scratch. If after your meal you would like some wine Coolanowle also offer a wine tasting class and after that when you want to unwind you can take a walk or a cycle around the grounds
- Website – Coolanowle Hen Party
- Glamping in Rock Farm Slane
- If your bride to be likes the outdoors and camping why not help her celebrate in outdoor glamping style. The Rock Farm Slane is known for it’s high priority towards eco-tourism (which you can read about – here) which mostly focuses on preserving the beauty of The Boyne Valley. While staying in one of the yurts, dens or in the Lime House you can also include some book one of their special packages such as – The ‘Active / Beauty / Eco / Yoga / Foodie’ hen to name a few.
- Website – Rock Farm Slane Hen
I hope this was of some help to you when organising a hen or even to help generate some ideas. If so please comment below or if you have any other amazing ideas to add.