I don’t know about you guys but I love the look and feel of having indoor plants. I just think they add such a natural vibe to the room. I always see my ideal home inspo on Instagram and Pinterest with very open, modern homes but with lots of plants and greenery. Currently we have about 1+ plants in all the rooms of our apartment, bar the bathrooms – but don’t you worry I am on it. The good news is, not only do indoor plants look beautiful, but they also have soon many benefits which I have listed below.
House Plant Benefits
Not only are they beautiful to look at, but houseplants also have many benefits, aside from adding a spot of green colour to the room. Some of the many benefits of houseplants include…
- Houseplants can remove any airborne illnesses. With us humans breathing in and out the same air in the same room, who knows the many nasties that unknowingly pass us through the air. Houseplants clean our air and help to clean out pollutants that help to cause headaches, nausea and coughs.It is said that plants contribute to 10% the moisture in the air (they suck in water from the natural water bed in the ground), this may not sound ideal for moist and wet months, but this will work wonders in cold dryer months. According to Bayer Advanced, studies at the Agricultural University of Norway document that using plants in interior spaces decreases the incidence of dry skin, colds, sore throats and dry coughs.
- They can increase you level of happiness. Plants have been proven to heighten your levels of happiness. In a study conducted by giving elderly people house plants in an assisted living facility, saw that they became happier as well as having a higher reception of life.
- Increased productivity levels. Being a regular outdoor nature lover has many benefits, including better focus and productivity. The same can be said when one has house plants, your productivity levels should increase and you will gain more focus for the task at hand. Two Norwegian studies have proven that indoor plants help strengthen productivity, focus and memory within the work place.
- Improved sleep quality. By releasing oxygen for us to breath while we sleep having plants in your bedroom can work wonders for your beauty sleep and help you get a full night sleep.
- Improved concentration levels. Simply by being in nature or around the power of plants, it has been proven time and time again that a persons concentration levels heighten, memory works better and their productivity levels are improved.
My Indoor Plants
Now mine aren’t as fancy as some of the indoor plants you might see that are floor to ceiling (again I am working on it). But they definitely serve their purpose and I LOVE THEM!!
The plant I have are
- A small Aloe Vera plant
- Large Peace Lily Plant
- Large Palm Leaf
- 2 x large Dracaena Marginata
- Large Ctenanthe
- Lucky Bamboo
I got all these plants from Lidl and Ikea. I only have pots for some of them. I will get some lovely pots for them over the coming weeks…. pots are expensive and I am looking for some very particular pots that will fit nicely into corners.
Do you have any indoor plants? If so what are they and where have you placed them?