We all know the importance of starting our days the right way. People have many different idea’s on how that should be and small details can mean huge difference’s to many people. On thing most health guru’s have in common is with a healthy breakfast, but prior to that they well have a glass or more of lemon water 15-30 minutes before they consume anything else. I try to do this as often as I can, sometimes I am just too hungry to wait or rushing out the door (not a morning person). But drinking lemon water regularly first thing in the morning has many benefits
- It will give your immune system a boost. Give your immune system a nice hit of Vitamin C first thing in the morning, will set it on the right path for the rest of the day.
- They will give you a nice energy boost due to their negative-charged ions that come from lemons and help with your digestive track.
- Skin, hair and nails. Lemons will help you to keep you looking lovely. They flush out toxins and also thanks to the antioxidants they produce, that fight against free-radicals and if that wasn’t enough they also produce collagen which help keep wrinkles at bay.
- Weight Loss. Lemons produce ‘pectin’, a fiber that helps keep you fuller for longer.
Healthy liver. When lemon’s clean out toxins from your body, they also help to clean out the liver. Helping the liver to focus and work more efficiently and effectively.
- Fresh breath. Lemons can help to keep your mouth healthy and clean, can help with gum disease and a lot of other mouth nasties. One important thing to keep in mind, is that due to the citric acid from lemons, if you are not careful they can damage your teeth so be sure to brush your teeth an hour after drinking lemon water.
- Helps to fight infection. Due to the Vitamin C boost lemons give to our immune system, they also help to fight off infections.
Do you have anything else you can add to this?
Leave a Reply