An undercover MI6 agent (Charlize Theron) is sent to Berlin during the Cold War to investigate the murder of a fellow agent and recover a missing list of double agents.
I will always love an ass-kicking bad ass girl on a mission, so this film was definitely for me. Not only is the film amazing but anyone who is into a bit of neon lights and 80s music, you will like this too. With this star studded cast of highly talented actors and actresses; Charlize Theron, James McEvoy, John Goodman, Toby Jones and Til Schweiger (to name a few) it will prove hard not to stay incited to the story line. The film is full of action and battered bodies (thanks to Charlize). Think John Wick or Jason Bourne, but with Charlize as the action star.
On a side note, I also loved the fashion and style Charlize wore through out the film and I think maybe we can all expect to see some thigh high boots over the colder months mixed with huge cosy jumpers.
- Charlize Theron cracked two teeth while filming.
- James McEvoy broke his hand on the set of Split, and had to film all his action scenes for Atomic Blond with his broken hand, but they were able to incorporate his cast very nicely into Atomic Blond.
- Based on the British graphic novel ‘The Coldest City’.
- The entire film was shot in Europe.
- Charlize had 8 trainers to help her master her physical performance, training alongside Keanu Reeves while he was training for John Wick: Chapter Two.
The reason I give it 5 stars is because it has you interested from start to finish, it is full of action and I loved Charlize every single second in it.