As a bit of a Saturday treat I made myself and my partner some delicious nutritious vegan protein cookie. These only took less than half an hour to make, most of the time was spent deciding on the right ingredients to use.
- 1/2 a cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons raw warm coconut oil (smooth and easy to mix)
- 1/2 a teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 a cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of crushed almonds nuts (for an extra crunch)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- One scoop of Vanilla Whey protein powder
- 2 handfuls of dairy free chocolate pieces. * Or as little or many as you like for your cookies.
- Preheat oven to 180c and line trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowel, mix together the almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl mix the Porridge oats, crushed almonds, baking soda, Himalayan salt, chocolate and flour together.
- Add dry ingredient mix to wet ingredients and mix.
- Scoop ingredients up into little balls using tablespoon and hands to roll together and then flatten onto tray.
- Leave enough room between cookies as they will expand.
- Leave to bake in oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Take out to cool and leave on tray for further 10 minutes.
- Enjoy 🙂
Health Benefits of These Cookies
- The maple syrup helps liver function & your immune system and is rich in magnesium and zinc.
- The oats will help to keep blood sugar balanced, pump you full of iron and are packed with energy.
- The almond butter will help fill you with vitamin E, which helps your skin’s collagen, improves your brainpower and helps to lower your cholesterol.
- These cookies are great for snacks on the go, vegan and are very easy to make.
If you have try these please let me know what you think or if you have any other good cookie recipes please share them with me as I am obsessed.